Waukesha based, North American headquarter of international diesel engine manufacturer is searching for someone with strong accounts receivable and collections experience to join our accounting team. Health insurance; vision; Company paid dental, life and disability; 401k, flexible spending and generous paid time off. Compensation commensurate with experience.
The Accounts Receivable/Collections Specialist will assist in ensuring that the company receives payment for goods and services offered to clients by processing, tracking, and recording payments in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner. The Accounts Receivable/Collections Specialist will have both a day-to-day and ongoing impact on financial transactions, keeping us on track, on time, and on good terms with our valued partners.
- Requests and pursues payment on delinquent accounts via communication with customers.
- Prepares customer invoices. Maintains accounts receivable records to ensure aging is up to date, credits and collections are applied, uncollectible amounts are accounted for, and miscellaneous differences are cleared.
- Prepare analytical and ratio analysis in relation to A/R for management to gain a better understanding of how collection efforts are progressing.
- Monitor customer account status and manages credit approvals and credit limits for customers.
- Prepares cash and sales forecasting reports.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to learn new software. MS Excel proficiency required. SAP experience a plus.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of an associate degree or training in accounting and billing.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Prior experience in accounts receivable